Dr. Jian Deng is currently an associate professor in the Department of Civil Engineering at Lakehead University, Canada, and an adjunct professor in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the University of Waterloo, Canada.
He is an invited researcher in the Centre of Excellence for Sustainable Mining and Exploration of Canada. Dr. Deng is a licensed professional engineer (P.Eng.) in Ontario and has over 20 years’ research, education, and industry experience. His main research interests are in the theory and applications of dynamic stability of structures and reliability of structures in Civil, Geotechnical, and Mining Engineering.
- Dynamic stability of structures;
- Structural dynamics and random vibration;
- Reliability and risk in civil and geotechnical engineering;
- Rock mechanics, rock dynamics, and mining engineering;
- Slopes, tunnels, and foundations;
- Underground excavations.