My general research interest is in the area of Hydraulics and Environmental Fluid Mechanics. I am interested in studying multiphase flows such as bubbly flows and sediment-laden flows, mixing of bubbles and sediments in pipes and open channels. More specifically, I am interested in
- Mixing mechanisms in slurry jets and plumes
- Mixing characteristics of bubbly jets and plumes
- Transport of sediment and pollutants in aquatic systems
- Erosion and deposition of sediments in channels
- Hydraulics of weirs and spillways
- Hydraulics of non-Newtonian mixtures
My interest also includes experimental techniques (flow visualization, digital image processing and signal processing of fiber optic probes) and numerical modeling (development of research based codes and models, numerical experiments).