Salama Ikki (Senior Member, IEEE) is an Associate Professor and the Research Chair of Wireless Communications with the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Lakehead University, Thunder Bay, ON, Canada.
His research group has made substantial contributions to 4G and 5G wireless technologies. He is the author of more than 100 journals and conference papers and has more than 5500 citations and an H-index of 35. His group’s current focuses on massive MIMO, cell-free massive MIMO, visible light communications, and wireless sensor networks. He received several awards for his research, teaching, and services.
Ph.D., Electrical Engineering
MSc, Electrical Engineering
BSc, Electrical Engineering
- Rate Splitting Multiple Access (RSMA).
- Millimeter-Wave Communications.
- Positioning and localization.
- Resource Allocation in 5G networks.
- Visible Light Communications
- Estimation and detection.
- Full-duplex communications.